This inaugural session of the NAWRS 2018 Virtual Workshop will feature presentations from three experts on research and data visualization. NAWRS community member will have the chance to learn about innovative approaches to data visualization, including an overview of best practices and concrete examples of how state and municipal government agencies can use and present data in innovative ways to support program and policy goals.
- Cambria Brown, former Performance Management and Data Specialist at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, will discuss specific examples of her approach to data visualization.
- David Yokum, Director of The Lab @ DC, will discuss the role of data visualization in recent Lab research projects and how it supports policy and program improvement in the District of Columbia.
- Jonathan Schwabish, Senior Fellow at the Urban Institute and founder of PolicyViz.com, will provide an overview of best practices around data visualization.
The 90-minute webinar will include 30 minutes for audience Q&A. Sponsored by the Urban Institute.
This is the first session of a three-part Virtual Workshop series this summer. Other great events will include:
- July: Human Centered Design for Social Programs
- TBA: The Changing World of Work